Custom Cutting for Ostomy Skin Barriers
At Byram Healthcare Centers, we provide the unique service of customizing ostomy skin barriers to the proper stomal opening. Byram can provide custom cutting on most types of two-piece ostomy skin barriers, faceplate systems and skin barrier washers.
Benefits of Custom Cutting Include:
• Appliance and Skin Barriers that Fit Minimize Leakage &
• Less Time is Needed to Change an Appliance
• Assists People with Vision Problems, Arthritis, or
• Less Waste because Products Fit Better
• No Messy Cutting or Inaccurate Sizes
• Better Fit Often Translates into Improved Wear Time
What is custom cutting?
Custom cutting is die-cutting the center opening of a flange/wafer to fit the exact shape and size of the stoma.
When is custom cutting recommended?
Custom cutting is most beneficial six to eight weeks after surgery when stoma has shrunk and stabilized in size.
How to measure your stoma for your custom cutting order form.
1. For oval stomas, please provide the horizontal
2. Please provide the vertical measurement as well.
3. The size now becomes, for example:1 1/4”H x 7/8”V
Browse the catalog by clicking on the banner. Once open, click on the page numbers listed in the table of contents (page 2) to go directly to specific product sections.